Research by the National Council of Camps indicates that camp is a place where children can mature socially, emotionally, intellectually, morally and physically. Camp is a valuable experience in which your child can develop important new skills.
The 2018 summer season looks to be bigger and better. We are still working on the themes for this year but we are certain that everyone will have a challenging and rewarding experience.
Our staff are mature professionals with years of teaching experience and highly trained college-age students hand picked for the job. In the structured environment at Camp Blue Star, your child will play and learn with these positive role models who take time to listen, to talk, to encourage, to understand and to give personal attention to your child.
Located at the Hess Educational Complex all campers will be utilizing this state of the art facility. The Athletic fields, Gymnasium, Aquatic Center, Auditorium, classrooms and Computer Lab of the Hess Complex insures that even in the event of inclement weather, your child’s camp experience will not be put on hold.
Our camp schedule features special days and special weeks when campers go all out doing new and different things. For all Campers we offer a wide array of activities and challenges.
Camp is about having summer fun. But it’s also about so much more: learning to work together, make choices, take responsibility, develop creative skills, gain independence, and enhance self-esteem and self-reliance – are all necessary life skills that a camp setting is ideal to encourage.
Just a few reminders for Camp.
- Camp hours are from 9AM to 4PM. Please be on time children arriving late may not be able to enter the building. The camp entrance in the rear of the Hess School (Cafe B entrance). All children must be signed in and out at the desk inside of the cafeteria.
- Because of School and Union rules There will be no Camp on Wednesday July 4th, (the district will be closed to observe the holiday). Camp that week will be only 4 days that week and adjustments will be made for children attending that week. I apologize for any inconvenience that this presents to anyone.
- Before and After Camp care is available from 7AM to 9AM (camp start) and 4PM to 6PM. The cost is $5.00 a day per session. Enclosed is a calendar if you wish to sign-up please bring calendar along with payment for the week on the first day your child attends camp. We will be open at 7AM every day and close promptly at 6:00pm
- Camp is a fun an active place. All children will need to wear loose fitting clothing, shorts (weather permitting) and Camp T-Shirts, everyday, sneakers (no open toe shoes), and bring a bathing suit and towel every day.
- All campers will receive snacks in the morning and afternoon but children must bring a bag lunch everyday. Please note the cafeteria is closed for the summer and all lunches will be kept in a refrigerator, there are no facilities to heating or cooking any items.
- Phone number for camp after June 26th will be 609-517-0718 please call or text to this number.
- Contact number prior to that date is 476-6311. If you have any questions please contact the Community Education Department.
Our staff is very excited about camp and we are sure this will be a fun summer for all involved.